Rebecca becomes a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
Welcome to Darren Ould who has joined our group as a new PhD stuent and to this year's MChem students Alex, Matt and James
- Two new publications from the group
Dalton Trans., 2016, 45, 16177.
Inorg. Chem., 2016, 55, 11747
- Two New Publications from the Melen Group
- Yashar presents his work at the USIC (Universities of Scotland Inorganic Conference) in Strathclyde.
- Rebecca goes to Berlin as a visiting researcher to work with Prof. Martin Oestreich funded by UniCat.
- Rebecca and Lewis present their work at the CSC conference in Halifax, Canada.
- Yashar has received ERASMUS funding to spend 3 months with Prof. Martin Oestreich at TU Berlin
- Welcome to Vladimir who will be joining the group for the summer on an RSC bursary.
- New publication online in collaboration with Profs. Stephan and Crudden
- Welcome to Manon and Adam who will be working in the group over the summer.
- Lewis heads across the pond to work with Prof. Doug Stephan for 3 months.
-Rebecca has been awarded a Leverhulme Trust grant to work on enantioselective main group catalysis in collaboration with Dr Paul Newman.
- Rebecca acts as guest editor for a special issue of Dalton Transactions on Main Group Transformations join with Prof. Doug Stephan.
- Rebecca gives an invited seminar at the Humboldt University in Berlin.
- Lewis presents his research at the SET for Britain exhibition in the House of Commons.
- Lewis presents his work at the Dalton Conference in Warwick and at UEA.
- Welcome to postdoc James Lawson who will work in the group for 1 year.
- Lewis receives an RSC travel grant to attend the CSC conference in June.
- Rebecca is invited to Berlin to receive the Clara Immerwahr Award.
- Rebecca gives an invited seminar at the University of Leicester.
- Highlight in Angew. Chem., "Berliner Wissenschaftspreis for Peter Hegemann/Clara Immerwahr Award for Rebecca L. Melen/Chemistry for the Future Solvay Prize for Ben L. Feringa/And also in the News", Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 2016, 55, 1-5.
Happy New Year!
-Funding success! Rebecca has been awarded an EPSRC starter grant to develop new boron Lewis acids. James Lawson (the postdoc on the project) will begin on the project in March.
-Rebecca presents her work at the RSC Organic Division South-West Regional Meeting in Southampton and at the Queen's University Belfast.
- Lewis presents his work at the RSC Organic Division South-West Regional Meeting in Southampton.
-Lewis Wilkins has received an RSC Mobility Fellowship (£3587) to work with Prof. Doug Stephan at the University of Toronto from April-June this year.
- Lewis has been selected to display his work at the House of Commons in March as part of SET for BRITAIN 2016.